Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Foreign Exchange

Money, money, money. . . When we lived in Sweden, I spent a good deal of time in stores mentally reviewing the exchange rate and doing a lot of mental math. Our last year in Sweden we were able to spend 6 weeks in another country and I just about blew up my brain trying to deal with the exchange rates for 3 countries. When we moved back to the U.S. it took me a good year to stop converting U.S. dollars to the Swedish krona. Now, I am back at it again, but this time I don't have a very good handle on the exchange rate. I have no clue how much money I am spending and it is a little nerve-wracking. I need to spend time really looking at the money so I don't have to fumble with the cash when I have to pay. I am sure I will get used to it, but it is a tricky thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment