Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Adjusting the Schedule

One thing I experience repeatedly as a mother is that just as soon as you get your schedule/routine figured out and everyone adjusts to it, things have to change. I think it is important for mothers to organize schedules and routines in their homes. I know I always cope/function better with my family if I'm organized and my children follow a predictable routine. Part of the reason staying at home works for me so well is that I have the flexibility to adapt our routines and schedules to meet the needs of our family.

We had a nice, easy routine for the summer. It was fun--wait, I did not say that. We SUFFERED through our routine and summer. Now that my kids are back in school, our routine has changed, and I'm floundering a bit, trying to get my bearings. Which means that at the moment, I'm trolling the internet, ignoring certain household responsibilities, and just enjoying the relative peace and quiet of my home.

Soon there will be a flurry of activities, like  coffee mornings, or expeditions to the Princess Souk, desert explorations, , and school events. So this blog will be picking up the pace again. I will also begin teaching a music class to a local preschool once a week as well as contributing a short piece to a local monthly newsletter. I'm looking forward to all of this.

I am also glad that my friends have returned from their vacations. I do manage, quite nicely, to keep myself entertained and happy with my family and hobbies. But it is nice to be able to visit and socialize with friends again!

How does the beginning of school change your life and schedule? Does it take you time to adjust to the new routine? 

No comments:

Post a Comment