Friday, June 15, 2012

Little Pieces of Joy: AKA Chocolate

I'm a chocoholic. I confess I need at least one piece a day and sometimes two or three. Eating chocolate in Europe ruined American chocolate for me. I was introduced to dark, bittersweet chocolate (the good kind, not the stuff Hershey's likes to pass off as chocolate) and can hardly eat a piece of milk chocolate. I often feel like eating some American candy bars is like eating a piece of flavored wax. Not tasty.

My one guilty pleasure is Peanut Butter Cups. I never could find them in Sweden and they are really hard to find in Riyadh.

So today, when my son saw a box of Peanut butter cups at our little corner store on the compound, we bought 10 packages. Yes, you read that right. Ten luscious packages of peanut butter cups are now stored in my freezer.

Life is good.

1 comment:

  1. We are headed to Bahrain this weekend. Let me know if there are any favorite treats you want me to look for at the Navy base! :)

    ReplyDelete