Tuesday, April 10, 2012

A couple of pictures of the desert

I've been to a few deserts before such as a few spots in parts of the Western United States. I've even seen parts of the desert near the Dead Sea. But nothing I've ever seen has ever prepared me for seeing a small part of the desert near Riyadh. 
 The first picture shows some sand dunes. We were traveling on the highway and I wasn't able to stop to get a better picture. But don't they look amazing? I'm so glad I was able to catch the reddish tinge coloring of the dunes.

 The second picture shows, not very clearly, camels in the desert. This was a common site on our little trip. I loved seeing the baby camels. And yes, I do have a slight fascination with camels. Still haven't ridden one yet, but it will happen!
This third picture shows a car stopped on the side of the road. Sometimes you see people eating their picnics. I'm not crazy having sand play such an integral part of my picnic, but I suppose it feels natural for Saudis. As far as I could tell, they didn't sit on mats or rugs, but I could have easily missed it.

No comments:

Post a Comment