Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Um, yes, I am alive

So my kids are all home from school for summer break. And you know, I have pretty darn cute kids, even if sometimes they drive me crazy. And since I chose to have the kids in the first place, I was probably already crazy to begin with, so I can't really blame my craziness on the kids. I love summer. I love spending time with my kids and the freedom from strict schedules. I also find that I don't write much in the summer. Those kids take a lot of energy to keep up with, to mediate fights and battles, and to enjoy time together.

I have lots of things to write about: our visit to Najd Restaurant, which serve traditional Saudi food, an experience worth sharing, buying two beautiful rugs from a carpet dealer from Pakistan, funny things about KSA, how my two youngest children have totally overcome their fear of the water and swim like fish now, and life in general.

However, my time at the computer is limited, with at least one kid hovering over my shoulder while I try and write. That is pretty annoying. My kids are doing an online summer school program on the computer just to keep up with their school skills. It's great and they don't mind getting on the computer to do the work. But that means four people have to spend substantial time on the computer. And by the time I sit down, I'm so tired I can hardly think.

Oh and did I mention that I am not sleeping well and have been getting headaches almost daily? That kind of saps my mental energy, leaving me little creative writing interest. I've been meaning to post several more recipes to my food blog as well, but that is falling by the wayside at the moment.

So please don't give up on me. I will get back to more regular posts, when things are more conducive to thoughtful writing.

In the meantime, enjoy your summer. I am enjoying mine (despite the headaches).


2 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear about the headaches :(. Thanks for the update. Sounds fun that the kids are getting lots of swimming time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds sort of like it is over here! Minus the headaches, sorry to hear about that.

    ReplyDelete