Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Blogger and Wordpress Suck

This post has nothing to do with Saudi Arabia and everything to do with two blog sites.

I am truly grateful for the opportunity to blog. I love being able to share my thoughts and get feedback from readers. And blogging is free. I love that my posts stay on the internet forever. How cool is that? Blogging is my journal. 

But lately, Blogger and Wordpress suck.

Why Blogger sucks:
1. I cannot use blogger without using Google Chrome. I don't like being forced to change my browser. And my kids messed with my computer so sometimes I can't find the Google Chrome icon. So yesterday, I wanted to post, but couldn't find the icon. So no posting for me.
2. Typing in weird words to finish a comment. . . I don't know about you but when I comment on blogger, I hate trying to type in those stupid words they give you. Most of the time I can't even read them.
3. I think the Blogger templates are ugly. Yes, I know you can change the templates, but I don't know how to do that and I don't want to take the time to learn. 
4. I hate how Blogger messes with my paragraphs and spacing.Seriously annoying.

Why Wordpress sucks:
1. I had a wordpress blog "A Stranger Here" where I wrote for 4 years. I lost my password and had to reset it.  But the darn thing didn't accept my password, so I had to make it so complicated I couldn't remember it. And when I tried to record hints on my computer so I would remember it, it was so obscure that I couldn't remember it. So now I can't add to my blog. I'll have to reset my password and the problems will start over again.
2. Because of the password problem, I can't comment on Wordpress blogs anymore, because they request your wordpress password to post the comment. I suppose I could get a new email address to fix that problem.
3. I really hate the password thing. It is making my life difficult.


1 comment:

  1. I'm so with you. The new thing on Blogger that I hate is that when I'm trying to read the blogs I follow, it only lets me pull one up at a time. I used to go down the row and click on each one that I wanted to read right then and it would pull up a window, so sometimes I would have about 5-6 windows open at a time waiting to be read. But now I have to go back to the Blogger dashboard between every blog I read and try to find the one I wanted to read next. Major pain.

    I don't blog on Wordpress, but reading blogs on Wordpress still ask you for a password when you comment plus they also send you follow-up comments whether you want them or not and I'm not sure how to change that. I don't want my email box flooded by comments I really don't care about.

    I wished they hadn't changed their platforms. They were fine the way they were before all the dumb changes.

    ReplyDelete